+ Reply to Thread

Converted from a G1000 - One question on new Treo 650

I converted from a G1000 I have a PPC 6600 for a short time (battery life and volume levels, along with non/slow rings made me get rid of it).

I got a treo 650 and like it quite a bit. A lot of changes from having Pocket PC, but I am adjusting.

One thing I can't get past - Contacts. It simply looks terrible. I have tons of them and they show all numbers for each person. Is there a way to change it to show name and number on one line, and then use the directional 5-way to change the number displayed like on the PPC?

I have gone through every option, and it isn't built into the phone, so at this point I am looking for a Skin or an aftermarket App that does it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    John

MrGadget
    I have the same problem, I've tried a couple of other contact managers and didn't like them, I got used to the way I used my contacts with my Pocket PC i700 Samsung, but this phone still is tons better...
    Ernest Aguilar

If you're using the contacts for phone dialing Takephone is the way to go. It easily finds the person you want to call using virtually any field of information in Contacts you want to search (last name, first name, company name, etc.) Using the display or keye you type in Smi and it finds everything that starts with Smi so if you looking for Smith you get a list of all of those entries. Use the 5 way to select from the narrowed list to the right one, press enter and it opens the contact detail and you select the mobile of other phone you want.

If you choose there is an option to re-assign the phone butotn so when you press it rather then the keypad you get Takephones Find Function Keypad.

Good stuf.

Originally posted by Jungle George
    I have the same problem, I've tried a couple of other contact managers and didn't like them, I got used to the way I used my contacts with my Pocket PC i700 Samsung, but this phone still is tons better...
    yeah I agree 100%. You would think someone would have built a clone of the PPC contacts list by now, just for people that are stuck in their ways like us I pay a few bucks to have the same contact manager as I did on the PPC for sure.

I will look at takephone again. From the screenshots, it looked a little ugly. Maybe time for a factlift for it, or maybe I just didn't know what I was doing and it could be customized to look better.

Any other suggestions would be apprecated. Even a skin for it to make it look like th PPC. But I can't even find that.

Thanks,
    John

Takephone is fantastic and has great support. I'd wholeheartedly reccomend it.