+ Reply to Thread

Verizon 650 WOC?

Is there a version available without the camera? The only one available on the website has the camera. Thanks.

I ordered a 650 WOC this morning.

Thanks DSquare! I called earlier and the lady told me they didn't have one without a camera. I knew not to trust her.

I have tried 3 times to order a 650 WOC and they keep telling me that the only one available is the one with a camera. Who did you order yours from? #611? Store?

I just received the 650....WITH camera! I told my rep 3x that I need a phone sans camera (I have a T600 WOC). He assured me it was in stock. I apologize for giving you some bogus info because I trusted him. I was told today that Verizon will not carry the WOC model, which seems very odd as the T600 and the New Audiovox PPC have 2 models. I know they exist, because I used a Cingular 650 for a few weeks for SW Testing. A camera is definitely a security issue for me and I have to consider returning the phone, removing the camera, or perhaps find a lens cover for it.

I have the same issue as you, I cannot bring the phone into my workplace if it has a camera. If you find out that the camera can be physically removed without too much trouble, please let me know. If it can't then I have to stick with my XV6600WOC or get the new I730WOC. Thanks for the update.

I just found this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=remove+camera

Hope it helps!

Question any info on T650 without camera?

I had pretty much decided to get a T650 in spite of the inability to use voicesignal on bluetooth and a couple of other minor drawbacks. I've had various Pilots since the original Pilot and was really impressed when I saw it at the VZW store.

But then saw the camera.

Can't bring that into the courthouse. The salesman checked and said a non-camera model was not available. (BTW, have talked to 2 different VZW salesmen over the past 6 weeks and was impressed by their knowledge of the products.)

My more cynical side wonders if this is not VZW's way of forcing those of us who can't carry camera phones to pony up extra for the Samsung i730, which will be released soon and looks very nice, but which rumor says will cost $300 more than the T650.

Anyone have any info on when a version without the camera will come out?

Duck tape solves every problem!

Why don't you guys put a sticker on it that will cover the lens? If I was you I would get a pokemon sticker out of a vending machine and put it over the lens. That would look so cool!!

Keep it real.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    Sprint will do the Treo 650 w/o Camera
    Found this on Sprint's description of the Treo650.
    To purchase a Treo 650 by palmOne without a built-in camera, please call 1-888-253-1315.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Thanks anyway

Originally posted by mikeyis009
    Sprint will do the Treo 650 w/o Camera
    Found this on Sprint's description of the Treo650.
    To purchase a Treo 650 by palmOne without a built-in camera, please call 1-888-253-1315.
    Appreciate the tip, but I gave up and got a hot new Samsung i730. Was able to get it for the same price as the verizon treo 650.

Thanks.