+ Reply to Thread

Playing WAV files on 650 natively ?

sorry if this is a stupid question. i did check the archives and didn't find anything useful.

one of my vmx systems emails me my messages in WAV format. when i try to open the attachment out of versamail it tells me "This is not a supported WAV file." in a "Play Error" dialog box.

this suggests to me that some OTHER WAV format might be supported? i thought WAV was well-defined (redbook audio).

i have found tools to convert (?) WAVs to MIDI files for ringtones, but everything else seems to be MP3 centric. i want native, real-time, no conversion please, playback of WAV.

is this possible?

tia,
    doody.

In order to play wav files, you need to put them on an sd card, in the audio directory.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

i've put the WAV files in all sorts of directories (and not) on the SD card. that doesn't seem to change the fact that, as best i can tell, no app on the phone knows how to play WAV.

am i missing something?

tia,
    doody.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe can if you have the WAV plugin installed.
    Michael

Originally posted by Doody
    i've put the WAV files in all sorts of directories (and not) on the SD card.
    You can't create directories in ROM or RAM on any device. The Palm OS, all apps and databases are all in one place. And also, only palm apps and databases can be moved or copied there.
    Install Filez and give it a try.

On your sd card however, you can create directories. In order to play audio files, you need to create an AUDIO directory and play them with a supported app like Pocket Tunes.

I hope that helps.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

pocket tunes! grazie!

doody.

wav to midi

how did you convert thewav file

i didn't. pockettunes won't support any compressed WAV format - just redbook audio. my vmx system (and most others) ship out a compressed WAV format. the good people at pockettunes said they were hoping to support such formats in the future - it's on their list, but they don't know when exactly.

doody.