+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Same here!

Same here!

I converted from a 7135, which I have had for over two years, and has been quite reliable.

The only thing I miss about the 7135 is the clamshell design, and Bebopper (the awesome MP3 player from Belltools).

Otherwise, the 650 is just awesome. Much faster connecting to the internet, much better browser than anything I found for the 7135 (speed and functionality), blue tooth hotsync and modem for my notebook computer, better battery life, and just overall better integration.

I'm loving it.
    Mike

Re: Same here!

Originally posted by MikeA
    Otherwise, the 650 is just awesome. Much faster connecting to the internet, much better browser than anything I found for the 7135 (speed and functionality), blue tooth hotsync and modem for my notebook computer, better battery life, and just overall better integration.
    Mike
    I haven't tried the modem part yet, I am glad that still works. I just wish I could find an antenna for this thing. The 7135's reception was less than what I had, and without analog or a real antenna, the Treo seems severely lacking in the "range" department....
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Yeah, the digital only aspect sort of devalues a lot of the Verizon value (lot's of coverage in lot's of places, but sometimes analog). For my normal use, however, I am always in a digital area so that isn't a problem.

I haven't noticed any issues with reception due to the antenna. It seems better than the 7135, but I must emphasize the 'seems', since I have no quantitative data, and, maybe I didn't realize that the 7135 was weak in the first place!!!

One other point. To use the phone as a modem, at least with BT, I had to get a third party application - Pdanet.

Mike