+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T650 vs. Ipod

T650 vs. Ipod

I will be getting my T650 today and I happen to be considering an IPOD also at this time. Can someone familiar with both products comment on any advantage(s) to the IPOD over the T650? Thanks. Paul

It's simple. The iPod is designed for one thing, and it is best of class at that. It plays music and stores tens of thousands of songs. It is a pretty amazing device.

The 650 doesn't come close. Compare the 650 to the iShuttle instead, which is just another run of the mill solid state MP3 player. The MP3 player in the 650 is ok, but not outstanding. It does come in handy for listening to music in places where you might not want to remember to carry around your iPod.

I use the MP3 player on my 650 on short flights, for example. I use my iPod to listen to music on longer flights, to play music while camping, or while sitting around the pool.

Mike

Plus my ipod has a 20G hard drive and I think the best I could do with my 650 would be a 1G SD card.

Originally posted by mk3013
    Plus my ipod has a 20G hard drive and I think the best I could do with my 650 would be a 1G SD card.
    Nope, 2GB is the max. But still a good distance from the capacity of an iPod

How much for the 2G card by the way? I'm guessing it's in the neighborhood of a 4G iPod mini.

thanks mike

thanks mike, for taking the time to explain. makes perfect sense. i hear there is a new mini Ipod now that holds 150 albums and has 18hr battery life. maybe that's the one to get. i think it sells for $250 from the Apple store.

My goodness, this really isn't even a fair Comparison. It's almost like comparing a house to a small plane. Sure they both give you a place to be, but the comparison kinda ends there.
    I know that Ipod wasn't the first of its kind, and a lot of people say it isn't the best, but it certainly is the most ubiquitous. It also depends on what you want to use the device for. Are you wanting *just* an music/picture device, or something that can do a little of everything? You can store movies and also do more formats than just AAC on the phone. No, it doesn't store nearly as many songs, but it can do streaming media. I will echo the other opinions, it's all what you want to use it for.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    The 2GB SD cards run about $220, when the 4 GB cards come out - they will drop.
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...