+ Reply to Thread

MMPlayer and Lightwav question

I recently download the trial versions for both Lightwav, Pocket Tunes and MMPlayer. I'm having problems with lightwav and mmplayer. Here are my issues:

1. Lightwav: I've enabled lightwav to play mp3's as ringtones. I've selected my contact but when i go to selected a file, there are none listed. I get a msg saying that the demo version will only list 15 files. I have about 5 mp3's on my sd card but none are showing up. Can anyone help me out with this? FYI, I'm able to play these songs on Real Player and Pocket Tunes.

2. MMPlayer: I've downloaded about 5 video clips to my sd card. some are .asf, some are .wmv. I also have mmplayer installed on the sd card currently. Every time I selected the program I get this error "Unable to initiate mmplayerlib, probably due to insufficient memory. Please free some internal memory and try again". I have about 12mgs of free mem. I also tried to install the program on the device itself and still get the same error. Can anyone out there help me get this resolved? Thanks.

1. make sure your audio files are in the "audio folder". if no such folder exists on your SD card, create one.

2. try doing a soft reset on the 650. the manual describes this procedure if you are unfamiliar with it.

Thanks for that info. I resolved the lightwav problem...Thanks alot.

As far as mmplayer. I did several soft resets and it's still doing the same thing. Any idea how much free memory is needed to run this file? Or any other ideas to try to fix this?

sorry, I routinely run mmplayer with 8 megs free so the fact that you have 12 free, don't know what else to try other than deleting and reinstalling it.

Thanks for your reply...I was able to find the answer to this issue for future reference.

Make sure MMPlayer is installed in internal memory and that you have enough free internal memory. MMPlayer requires around 1.5MB of internal memory. Free space on external memory cards can not be used.