+ Reply to Thread

What happen to the memory Kyocera 7135 had 16mb, Treo has 32mb

Hello,
    I have converted over to the Treo 650 from the Kyocera 7135.

It seems that I should have more free memory available on my Treo than I have, does anyone know of a good utility to free up memory, something that maybe understands what should be there and what shouldn’t.

I think that I may have brought stuff over from the 7135 that is not being used but taking up memory, is there a way to tell other then if the application icon is there??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well it was not meant to be dyslexia, but most Treo's I have seen are listed as having 23MB, not 32. Plus, if you have one of the older phones, the way the memory works isn't that efficient. Plus, it's...oh pfft, let them explain it HERE
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    If you have a GSM model, the update to free up about 28% more memory is coming soon.
    If you have a Sprint model, go to Palmone.com and download it now.

Also, install everything that you can to an SD card, not main memory. You can also run many programs from the SD card using the program called "powerrun."
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Re: What happen to the memory Kyocera 7135 had 16mb, Treo has 32mb

Originally posted by imz14u2nv
    Hello,
    I have converted over to the Treo 650 from the Kyocera 7135.

It seems that I should have more free memory available on my Treo than I have, does anyone know of a good utility to free up memory, something that maybe understands what should be there and what shouldn’t.

I think that I may have brought stuff over from the 7135 that is not being used but taking up memory, is there a way to tell other then if the application icon is there??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I hope you didn't just sync all your stuff over from the 7135 to the 600, that will cause you big problems down the road, not to mention unnecessarily use up your memory. If so, hard reset the Treo and sync the 600 to a new username. Beam over your contacts and datebook entries from the 7135 to the 600. Then install your applications one by one onto the 600.

Marty,

If you change your username, won't that kill most of the registrations of apps you bought? I know some of them rely on the username to create a registration key? How do you fix this.

I am waiting for my 650 to arrive and I am going to upgrade from a 7135, but I did not want to kill my register programs.

gperr

simply give your old device a new username and then assign that old username (the one to which the software is registered) to your 650. instructions are in the 4th post in this thread:

How do I change my User Name/HotSync Name?

I am going to move my memos/address/datebooks and Clean install everything else. It was a good idea a year ago, it will be now as well Too much doesn't work anyway, and the memory manager will take care of things better with less clutter. Too bad I can't get this [Click]
    Last edited by Copasetic; 05-27-2005 at 08:32 AM.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....