+ Reply to Thread

Can I save email (via VersaMail) & download files (via Blazer) to the storage card?

When on the road, I sometimes need to download and save files from the internet. Some of these files are up to 40megabyes. When I try to download these files via Blazer webrowser, I get an error message. I think its because the size of the files are too large. Is there a way to have Blazer download files to the storage card. Also, what types of media files will RealPlayer play, does it play wma, mpeg and avi files?

Also, is there a way to have VersaMail download e-mail and/or attachments to the storage card. I sometimes receive very large files (such as 10-20megabyte pdf files) via e-mail and I don't want the stuff sitting on my internal phone memory.

If VersaMail or Blazer can't do the above...can any of you recommend good products that will.

THanks for the help....

Anyone...please, anyon!?!?!

still looking for help...

Still looking for some help.

Thanks...

Also, is there a way to more quickly transfer files to the SD Card other than quick install. Quick Install sucks and is painfully slow. For example, I have a video file that is 25 MB. WHen I try to load it directly to the SD Card, it is not recognized as a playable file by the media player that comes with the 650. I have to go through the process of loading it to the SD Card via Quick Install, which is anything but quick.

Originally posted by Beef Jerky

Also, is there a way to more quickly transfer files to the SD Card other than quick install.
    Get an sd card reader for your pc, and use that. Also you can buy Card Export and use that. Card Export is a palm app that turns your palm pilot into an sd card reader.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

Alternatives you can look into are Xiino for a browser (though I'm not sure if it meets your needs) and Snappermail or Chatteremail for a replacement email application. Though I don't think either can download directly to the card.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)