+ Reply to Thread

How do I change my User Name/HotSync Name?

I got my new T650 today - looks great! I am upgrading from the T600, so I am really enjoying the new screen, etc.

Question: I don't know if I did something wrong during the installation or what, but I seem to have made a default HotSync Name (or whatever that ID is called) called "Noname User" or something like that. I didn't enter this, but I am seeing that now that I am trying to install some of my T600 apps and the activation codes aren't working because there is a mis-match on the User Name.

I hope my question makes sense. Is there a way to change this on my Treo so that it reflects my full name, like I intended it to be?

Thanks in advance!
    Keith

yes, use the Palm Desktop software. In the upper right hand corner, there is an option to "edit uders." You will have to first rename your Treo 600 username to something different so that that will free up that old username to be used for the 650.

Changing user name

Thanks for the quick reply. I see the option on the Palm Desktop and my correct user name was there along with a "Your Name" entry which I deleted.

As to your second point, how do I change the name on my Treo? I can't find anywhere that I can see what it is currently set to. Can you help me with what to do on the Treo itself?

Thanks!
    Keith

you don't have to make any changes on the treo itself. simply change the name using the method I described above, sync with the treo and the software will automatically make all necessary changes on the treo. so to summarize:

1. change your old treo 600 username (the one you want to use for the 650) to something different using the "edit users" -> "rename" option

2. recreate that old username by selecting "new" from the window that pops up when you select "edit users" -> this is the username that you want to use for your 650.

3. sync the 650 and when the computer asks which name you want to use, select the one you just created.

Thanks!

Aaah... got it. Thanks!