+ Reply to Thread

How do you turn off keyboard back light & adjust screen brightness to conserver power

Is there a way to turn off the keyboard back light when the key board is not in use to conserver power?

Also, is there a way to adjust the brightness of the screen?

Here are a few ways to go about this (all apparent sarcasm intended), so apologies in advance.

1) If you are using Zlauncher, it's one of the button options you can add on the button bar, or

2) look in your manual on page 133, where you will find:

"Display and appearance

Adjusting the brightness
    Depending on the lighting conditions in which you're using your Treo smartphone, you may need to adjust the brightness of the screen. Press Option [O] (lower left button with the circle/egg on it), and then press the backlight button [P*]. (this is the way to turn the light off and on).
    Press Left < and Right > to adjust the brightness.
    Select Done."

Additionally, when the brightness slider bar is up, you can drag it with the stylus. Moving it too far to the left will turn OFF the backlight, and you will have to readjust it "blind" to get it back.

There is no contrast for the T 650 that I am aware of.

Also, in the sidebar on the same page, I also found:

"To automatically set the brightness to the preset low setting, press Option, and then press right shift."

Amazing things these manuals and user guides. ..sigh
    Last edited by Copasetic; 05-26-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Your humble apology accepted...<sigh>

Now what about turning off the keyboard lights when not in use...?

And thanks for the info on how to adjust the screen brightness!
    Last edited by Beef Jerky; 05-26-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Hee hee, I'm stumped. Looks like you just started a wishlist for the next firmware upgrade, lol. Using the [Right-shift+backlight] combo just dims it a lot, it's never off unless you move the slider all the way, which is annoying and too time consuming for something like that. I wished for some way to keep the 7135's graffiti pad ON when I was working at night, but the only way I found was to keep pressing the speaker button when it shut off, or to bend the thing so the screen lit up the graffiti area, lol. I miss my lighted stylus, sigh...
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar
    KB lightsoff will take care of the keyboard light automatically:
    http://www.lilapps.com/
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

Is there a way to make the Home or 5 way buttons wake up the phone? I can't believe they left that out...

Slave to all that beeps Halitosis's Avatar
    Originally posted by Copasetic
    Is there a way to make the Home or 5 way buttons wake up the phone? I can't believe they left that out...
    Nothing that I have found. When I first got the phone, I thought that would have been a "nice to have"...

... but now that I realize that the phone face is exposed to just about everything... all the time.... I realize that the current setting is ok. That 5-way nav bar is easy to hit, and wake up the phone all the time.

I have now just gotten in the habit of always hitting my "call end" button so that I am returned to where I was last time.

Halitosis

My 650 has taken to the annoying habit of dimming after about 1 minute, and then the backlight goes OFF after about another minute. (It's still ON when this happens.) This is when I have a Palm App open, not when I'm using the phone. I don't think it did this when I first got it. For the life of me, I can't find anywhere to adjust this!

I don't know if this is covered in the manual, but I realized that if you use the Phone button to wake the phone up, you always get the Phone app, but if you use the Power button to wake it up, you go right back to the last app you were using when you put the phone to sleep. Handy...
    http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/
    signat-url.htm

Check out ProfileCare, folks.