+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Geek

Unhappy Resets while waking Verizon Treo 650

Roughly 4-5 times per day I get a soft reset when I wake the phone up. I have NO hacks or hacksoftware installed. It doesn't matter if I wake the phone with the "send", "end", "datebook", or "mail" keys.

Anyone else having this trouble? I have a Verizon Treo 650.

Thanks!

Treo Fanatic
    You are not happening to use Initiate or some other alternative launcher application are you?? I just got a Sprint Treo 650 and had reset issues very similar to yours. Turned out when all was said and done that the launcher I use which is called Initiate, had some issues with the address book in version 1.5 that caused this issue. Upgraded to version 2.0 and not a single issue afterword.

Try hard resetting your phone (AFTER Synching it!) and use it for a day or so. If the issue goes away, it is a piece of software you are using.

Registered Geek
    I'm not using any special launcher. I think I might be doomed because it happend before I installed any software at all on it.

Treo Fanatic
    I think I would be heading back to where I bought it from if you are having problems with it after a hard reset when it is basically factory settings. The verizon phone should only be a few days old and I would think they would replace it right away...

I am having the same problem with my sprin treo. Any help would be apreciated.

Registered User RockStarNewYork's Avatar
    this error is likely due to a 3rd party software glitch. i'm no expert, but i would:

1. copy your back-up file to your desktop
    2. hard-reset your treo
    3. reload the software one item at a time

good luck!

That what I was trying to avoid. I would preffer not to do a hard reset, but I guess I have no choice. Thanks

Registered Geek
    For me it happend before I even started installing apps.

If it keeps up, I might wait for the Samsung i730 which has been announced for Verizon.