+ Reply to Thread

Network Sync Issue with 650

I've been having a problem network syncing my 650. I first thought it was the network sync itself but then discovered that the problem seems to be the Media File. It always seems to stall on that file. I went into the Hotsync setup and changed the conduit for the Media file to Never Sync and it works.

So I guess my question is why won't the media file sync? How do I correct it?

Do you mean wireless sync? I don't have wireless sync enabled, the rep at the store tried to sell it to me but my bill is high enough as it is. I also figured it would take forever.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

No, it's wired. Ethernet, TCP/IP. It's convenient to have a cradle in my rear entry hallway where I drop my stuff because my primary PC is upstairs and the TREO doens't always make it up there to charge and sync.

I am having a similar problem. when i hotsync at home i have no problems. when i hotsync to my laptop while on the lan at work it takes my media a long time to sync.

also, if i hit the find button, it gives me an error that my albums cannot be found through the lan path.

my office has "my documents" set up to sync to the server and i think the palm desktop is having a hard time finding the files

does anyone know how to move the location where the desktop looks for the files?