+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User RockStarNewYork's Avatar

Question BMW + Treo 650 = ?

Does anyone know if the new Verizon Treo 650 (or any version of the 650) works with the BMW x5's Bloooooootooooooooth (or any BMW?)

Thanks!

Yup. I've got a BMW 545 and it works fine with the Treo 650. Here's a trick. Before you sync it, fill the Favorites bars on your Treo 650 with as many phone numbers as you want the BMW to load into its memory. That is where it reads numbers from, not the "contacts" list. However a word of warning. None of the numbers attachted to the Favorites bars can have additional digits that are dialed after the main number. For instance, if you programed your voice mail number onto a Favorties bar, then clicked on the "MORE" button and added the password digits to be dialed automatically, that will TOTALLY wig out the car and your Treo. My Treo went beserk and I finally had to do a hard reset and start over. It took me a lot of trial and error to figure out what was wrong. But here's the deal: after you sync it with your car the first time you can go back and add those codes. The BMW only syncs up the phone book upon the first linking with your Treo and never again.

Registered User RockStarNewYork's Avatar

Question

What year is your 545? Also, how do you do it? (I'm technologically challenged!)

What I tried was to turn on my car, then on my Treo 650 I turned on the Bluetooth and went to set-up. It didn't detect anything. What did you do that I didn't?

Thanks again!
    Never confuse enthusiasm with arrogance!

I just got a '06 750Li and VZW Treo 650. Got the two to pair no probs, but constant recycle of 650 afterwards. This was with 650 right out of the box and no Contacts nor any new Favorites added other than what came with the phone. Really love the phone so really want to make it work with car. Any help or successful tricks would be greatl appreciated!

Thanks!

P.S. Pairing was acomplished w/ 650 in Finding Devices mode (BT Appl ->Setup Devices->Hands-free Setup.) BMW starts pairing in 1st 2 minutes after starting the car. Treo found BMW and then entered BMW BT passkey.

I have a '05 530 with the Cingular Treo 650, anyone got this to work? Any hints are welcome.