+ Reply to Thread

Which Bluetooth Heads are you using successfully with the Treo 650

The reason that I am asking this question is that I have a Jabra BT200 and a Jabra BT800.

I have not been able to get either on to work properly with the Treo 650 though both work with my home phone (Uniden ELBT595). I called Jabra and they have confirmed that there is a known problem between the Treo 650 and BT800 but no solution in sight.

I saw the “palmOne Compact Wireless Headset for Treo 650” and was thinking of getting that or the “” to replace the BT800 as I don’t think that I can wait for them to come up with a solution.

I am just wondering what others are using and what is known to work without issues on the Treo 650.

I have been in a strange love hate thing with the Treo 650 for the last few days (I replaced my Kyocera 7135 with this), because, though the Treo 650 is a great device, I have hit two problems that make me want to return it (even in light of the beautiful screen and very fast processor):

1). Out Synchronization fails issue:

Errors when attempting to synchronize Treo 650 (resets unit)

2). Does not work with my Jabra BT800 (No exactly a cheap no brand accessory)

I asked this question too, then decided it prolly had been asked, so I searched for threads. Sure enough, I found one

That said, I am going to give the Logitech Mobile Freedom a try, and report my findings here
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

I just got the Treo-brand BT headset and it's been fine so far.
    Connected easily, sound is OK (it could be a little louder) and people hear me fine.
    I love being wireless.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I have a Jabra BT200 working with my Sprint Treo 650 just fine. When you pair it, there is a specific passkey that you have to enter. It's in the BT200 user manual which can be downloaded here -

http://www.jabra.com/NR/rdonlyres/BD...TFS_Manual.pdf

It's on page 8 and 9, which tells you to enter a passkey or PIN of four zeros (0000) when the phone asks for it.
    Michael

moto HS810. no problems - it "just worked".

doody.

My Sony-Ericsson HBH-660 works just fine as well, except that I haven't figured out how to get the little display to show caller ID. The "manual" that came with the headset is useless. I'll have to check the HBH-660 website.
    Release the Hounds!

Based on this site's comments, I bought the Scala 500 and just recieved it. Pairing was quick and easy, it's lightweight and comfortable on my ear BUT there is enough static on both ends so that it's not ideal. Does anyone have a possible solution or is it likely that its just the best I can get right now? Thanks.

paul

Jabra BT200 works fine for me.

I have a bluetrek G2 which works pretty good.

Originally posted by Doody
    moto HS810. no problems - it "just worked".

doody.
    Ditto (old guy's way of saying I agree)

I bought the Scala 500 and have had NO problems thus far and none of the static that I have read about here. <knock wood>

Hi, I just got my treo brand for my treo 650 works and fits great. It's very light you forget you have it on.

Sony HBH-660

I think the best BT headset is the Sony HBH-660. I use it without the ear piece to hold it on my ear. I use the Jaba ear jels and it has a battery indicator and caller ID on the display. I actually turn down the volume so low because it will blow your ear drum if you have the volume up high with the ear jels. Check ebay for the lowest cost. I got mine for $65.

Got the GN 6110 and Moto HS805; both work fine.

The GN 6110 connects to both my office phone and the Treo, but it looks kinda silly with its disc-over-ear design. Also, the volume is on the tiny side - like the Treo itself.

The Moto, on the other hand, has very nice volume - definitely louder than the Treo's speaker - and really good range. Also, it runs on a single AAA battery for a long time (20+ hours talk time quoted by the manufacture; I've used it for 2 weeks at more tan an hour each day and it's still working), making it a really good travel choice.

Wil
    I bought the Scala 500 and have had NO problems thus far and none of the static that I have read about here.
    I have the Scala 500 but sadly in my case, there is static. Not always but often enough to notice. And dropouts too, often enough. That's just a fact of life. If hearing some static is a concern, it's better to use a wire rather than use wireless bluetooth. That's my opinion, fwiw...

To static, or not?

I'm finding there is a direct correlation between static and proximity to my wifi connected laptop. I find if I put the Treo next to the computer (which I often do when I get to the office), and the laptop is connected wifi, then I get a good bit of static. Move the Treo to the other side of the desk, or turn off wifi and all is clear again. Or if I get too close to the wifi router, I get static. Lot's of things now run at 2.4MHz, so a cordless phone could also cause problems....

Anyone else? I'm using the HBH-660, which generally is good.

Jeff

SCALA 500. No problems, plenty of volume, and used froogle.com to find it at $35.00!

Ok I have the SCALA 500 I used it on my treo 600 with the A210 work just fine I got my treo 650 over the weekend I have try to use with 650 fair sum noise but what I can not get to work with the 650 is when I am on the phone with a call and call waiting comes in with another call I push the button on the headset and will will not answer the call. Is there any headset that will work that way?