+ Reply to Thread

MP3 Bluetooth Headset+voice

Has anyone been able to play MP3's on a wireless stereo headset?

I've seen some posts here and in the manual saying this isn't possible, but I remember seeing a review somewhere on using the 650 with Stereo Bluetooth headsets (wish I saved the link!).

Has anyone used these headsets?

And if so, is there a combo Bluetooth Stereo/Voice unit available that us 650 users can get?
    (i.e. listen to music in stereo/answer a call)

mp3 over bluetooth on the 650 is not possible without extra hardware (such as a clunky adapter that you would connect to the 650). the 650 is BT v1.1 and you need the BT A2DP profile to do mp3 over BT, which means BT v1.2 and there is no upgrade available. sorry.

Marty,

I did see a review about the 650 where someone tested 2 Stereo Bluetooth headsets (I think 1 was a Jabra) and worked okay, (geez I wished I kept the link). Could I have mistaken this to be for Verizon but is in fact for Sprint or some other carrier, possibly Europe?

Those units will function as standard phone headsets with the 650 but not as stereo headphones because in order to get stereo mp3 playback over BT, you need BT 1.2/A2DP profile. Trust me, if mp3 playback over BT was possible with the 650, this would be all over the promotional material for the 650 and people here would be discussing it extensively. I would love to have this feature on my 650 but it just isn't possible with the current configuration of the 650.

Thanks for the info,

Is there an firmware update planned the Treo650, announced or unannounced?

there is one currently available from PalmOne for some carriers. Your phone may or may not have it already but BT will not be updated to include the A2DP profile, that's going to have to wait for the next version of the Treo.