+ Reply to Thread
    Mostly Converged

Ringer issue migrating from Kyocera 7135 to Treo 650(VZW)

My wife and I just upgraded both of our Kyocera 7135 phone to Treo 650s. When we upgraded, I took the path of least resistance and beamed the AddressBookDB, DateBookDB, MemoDB, and TasksDB via BeamPro to the new devices and then started re-installing our Games and other non-Kyocera specific Apps. The only issue I have found is that my wife used the Kyocera Ringer by Category function and had many different ringers, and when she receives phone calls different ring-tones are used for the different categories, yet there is no way to change the ring-tones. So, we'd like to either....

1) reset all ring-tones to default ringer
    2) modify which ring-tones are used

I have already tried using Ringo, Fix_AddressDB, hard-reset the phone, re-synced from Desktop, and many other variations on that theme. So, anyone got any ideas?

Scott
    PS> This thread has been posted to mytreo.net, treocentral.com, pdaphonehome.com (7135 & Treo forums) so if I get a working answer I will re-crosspost the answer.
    MyTreo.Net http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?topic=12095.0
    TreoCentral http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...462#post693462
    pdaPhoneHome.com Treo Ringer issue migrating from Kyocera 7135 to Treo 650(VZW)
    pdaPhoneHome.com 7135 Ringer issue migrating from Kyocera 7135 to Treo 650(VZW)
    Last edited by sck_nogas; 05-29-2005 at 11:54 AM.

Mostly Converged
    I have even tried, beaming the AddressDB back to a 7135, resetting all the Ring by categories to the same ringer, but still we get "odd" ringers when different categories call. This is a major issue for her, since my ringer is the ever-annoying "Alert Beep" which is slowly driving my wife crazy each time I call her.

So, any ideas? Any at all? I mean has ANYONE seen this issue before?

Scott

I migrated from a 7135 to a treo 600 and now a treo 650

I don't mean to split hairs, but what exactly do you mean by "Category Ring"
    For instance, there is a way to assign a specific ring to a specific caller, by building a favorites button for that caller.
    Under contacts, you can add about a half dozen phone numbers to a specific contact, and then all those numbers have that same ringtone. If you want, you can also add a phot to the caller ID.
    There is no way to add a specific ringtone to a Category from your address book, such as 'Work", so a true Category Ring isn't possible, but adding as many entries into a favorites button seems to work well for now. For one individual, I found I needed two favorite buttons, button A and button B in order to accomodate all teh phone numbers.
    It's a bit sloppy, but functional.
    What I really want is Call Filter. This program worked GREAT for my 600. You can not only identify individual contacts, but also categories and assign mp3 ringers if you choose. You could add pictures, and best of all, there was a feature where you could send a call directly to voice mail.
    It doens't work with the 650, but I contacted the developer and they will be updateding it.

I've tried Lightwav, but it doens't seem to work for me, so i'm waiting for the updated CallFilter.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

Mostly Converged

Re: I migrated from a 7135 to a treo 600 and now a treo 650

Originally posted by Schavlan on pdaphonehome.com
    I don't mean to split hairs, but what exactly do you mean by "Category Ring"
    For instance, there is a way to assign a specific ring to a specific caller, by building a favorites button for that caller.
    Oh, you beautiful, beautiful person!

That was it, when she was messing around with her phone, she selected a ringer for my speed dial button. All better now. Am cross-posting the "duh I could not figure this out." message.

Thanks!

Scott

If you post to other forums, I only ask two things.......

1) Remember to post the part about me being beautiful. If you get any hits from some gorgeous women, I can also forward my address phone number and a picture of Tom Cruise I downloaded that I can pretend is me.

2) Please do a spell check before reposting. We don't want any of those gorgeous women thinking that I don't know how to spell.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy