+ Reply to Thread

First Post-7135 Sync

I am a long time and loyal 7135 user but have ordered my 650 and now I can't wait. I am concerned about my first sync. My 7135 syncs to outlook contacts and calendar, including a public calendar at my office thru Chapura. Do I need to order a new Pocket Mirror? I also thought that when I loaded the 650 disc the Palm software would see the old program, ask a few questions and load up the contacts and calendar. Is that not the case? Some of the forum entries make it seem complicated.

The 7135 forum here was invaluable and I look forward to participating here.

Thanks.

see the thread at the top of the forum for information on how to transfer your data from the 7135 to the 650.

Thanks Marty. I guess what I was wondering was whether I have to go through all that since I only sync to Outlook Contacts and Calendar. Since all that stays on my desktop anyway, could I just remove all the old Palm Desktop and then tell it to sync to Outlook when I load the new software?

If you don't want to go through all that, simply uninstall the current Palm Desktop software and be sure your backup folder in the PalmOne folder has been deleted then install the new Palm Desktop software and tell it you want to sync with Outlook when it asks.

Thanks Marty. I will give it a try.