+ Reply to Thread

Have 600 want 650 VZW says NO

I have a Treo 600 that I got at the end of last year. I got the 600 since I figured that the 650 would never show on VZW.

I called them and said I wanted the 650 and they said no. Not untill Aug. 2006.

Is there any way to get this phone without waiting till summer 2006 with out paying the $600+ for this phone??

Any help would be great.

Buy it from PalmOne directly. It's $519.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

Yes .. it's easy. Do the following - I did this last week.

1. Tell them you'd like to qualify for "upgrade" pricing and you're willing to renew your 2 year contract.

This will get you $399

2. If you want it (I did) tell them you'd like to add unlimited data ($45/mnth) and then tell them you want the data discount.

This will get you $299.

My NE2 wasn't up until May '06 and I had no problems. Took about 15-20 minutes total. The rep was friendly, but not up to speed on these things and had to verify with her supervisor both of the above. Other than that, no problems.

I got the same response at Verizon Wireless in the DC Area earlier today on the $299 price. My 7135 died and did not want the 600. My 650 is now charging up along with the blue tooth headset.

cheers

Registered User RockStarNewYork's Avatar

Upgrade

If your phone is 1yr old and your plan is >$59.99, then verizon will allow you to upgrade early if you sign a 2yr plan. (That's what they told my friend on Monday at the store in Edgewater, NJ.)
    Never confuse enthusiasm with arrogance!

Hmm, I am getting my old broken 7135 replaced under insurance with a 600, I wonder if I could try this too....*wink*
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

My phone is only 8 months old and I have the $45 data plan allready. My bill with 2 phones and data is $140 a month.

I would switch to another company and get the 650 cheaper and a data plan cheaper ..... but I need the high QOS VZW has.

I will try ro talk them into the $299 deal tommorow.

VZW upgrade policies:

Normal upgrade - When your contract is within 2 months of ending, you are eligible to renew for either a one or two year term and get the corresponding contract pricing on phones. If you are coming off a 2 year contract and do a new 2 year contract, you qualify for "New Every Two" which gets you up to an additional $100 off the contract price of the phone (note: New Every Two is NOT available through independent agents, ONLY through Verizon owned stores/website/800 number... This has burned me up a long time as an independent agent myself!)

Early upgrade - IF you are currently on a 2 year contract AND you have completed 1 year of it, AND you are on a price plan of $50/month or higher OR switch to a plan of $50/month or higher (this is the price plan for the particular mobile number you are purchasing a new phone for... That means if you are on a family share plan, the primary line may qualify for early upgrade, but secondary lines will not! You can get around this by just shuffling around which line is the primary) then you can start a new 2 year contract that runs CONCURRENTLY with your current contract. In effect, this extends your 2 year contract for 1 additional year. You then get the 2 year pricing on a new phone. Early upgrades are NOT eligible for New Every Two.