+ Reply to Thread

SD card migration from Zire 71 to Treo 650

I have a variety of things installed on my current Sandisk SD card for my Zire 71 (photos - direct-saving from the camera app to the SD card, third-party applications, MS office documents, ebooks, and database, .pdb, files for third-party applications whose .prc execution files are installed in the internal memory). I just bought a Treo 650 (Verizon) and plan to migrate my third-party programs over from my Zire's internal memory to my Treo's internal memory (basically just dumping the Zire for the Treo as my new handheld). Can I just take the SD card out of the Zire and pop it into the Treo 650 SD slot and expect things to work like they did on the Zire? Are the file systems/structures different in any way that would prevent my app's from working or finding the right info on the SD card? Thanks.

PS - any other issues or considerations that I didn't mention are greatly appreciated.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I would think that most stuff would just work by plugging in the card. You may come across applications that don't work right on the Treo 650 because of its different hardware configuration.
    Michael

I was curious about the file system... would my new Treo 650 look in the same folders to find the right stuff? Thanks for your help.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by BUmmedic
    I was curious about the file system... would my new Treo 650 look in the same folders to find the right stuff? Thanks for your help.
    Yes, it should.
    Michael

Thx again!