+ Reply to Thread

Media hotsync and find problems

I have been having a hang problem with my hotsync, but only on my work computer.

My media is not hotsyncing, but my hotsync is finishing.

i also get an error when i intialize a "find" from the palm desktop software.

both problems seem to be related to the fact that my desktop software is looking for my media in a place that it does not exist. this seems to stem from the fact that "my documents" directory is controlled by my office for sync on the server.

i called customer support, but they were baffled, pleasant, but baffled. I need to change the path of my media on the palm desktop. I though FileLink might help, but it is disconnected on the Treo 650.

Customer support suggested reinstalling the palm desktop software, but my disc is at home and PalmOne has seen fit to prevent download of this software.

Any suggestions on how to alter my media path?

Thanks

Nevermind, it appears a directory was deleted from my computer that the hotsync was looking for. I created a new folder and solved all my problems.

Media Missing from Desktop

Easy for you to say, but I don't seem to have a directory problem -- my media simply isn't on my desktop any more. I was having problems syncing calendar and memo, and so I reinstalled from Palm the latest desktop app for the 650. But when I look at the side of my desktop, where media used to be, now all I have is treo pictures, which I thought disappeared when I switched from the 600 to 650. Now it's back and media is gone. What to do? Ideas?