+ Reply to Thread

Outlook Sync Problems

Ok, I didn't install as per the instructions in this forum -- I didn't see them before. Here's what I did:
    I uninstalled old desktop software
    Installed new software
    Sync'ed 650

The contacts seem to be there, and the calendar sync'd once. But after I installed the wireless sync programs (I don't know if it's connected, only giving timing), I lost my calendar info on the 650, and when trying to sync, get the following:
    Outlook Calendar
    The attempt to open the database failed.
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    OLERR:05-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:02-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:10-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001

I have Datebook5 installed, and a few other odds and ends, but nothing that was forced into the non-compatible folder during install.

I've tried several soft resets (have not tried a hard one yet), went back into the folder and tried syncing after removing the backup folder, all to no avail.

Any ideas? The 650 rocks, I'm just dissapointed I'm stumped on the sync issue... (longtime 7135 user).

Thanks for any help.

Kevin
    HoustonHRguru
    Human Capital Strategist Extraordinnaire
    Houston, TX

I was a 7135 user, and a Palm Vx user before that. I was never happy with any variation of the Pocket Mirror program supplied. So I use Intellisync (four+ years now) and it works very, very well with Outlook.

I've used pocket mirror for almost 4 years, over multiple platforms (most recently w/7135). Never had an issue -- what makes you think that's causing my problems?

KB
    HoustonHRguru
    Houston, TX

Just to be clear - I can't say with any certainty that PocketMirror is the problem. It looks like your problems began with wireless sync. I haven't tried that.

I can only say with complete confidence that Intellisync is much more flexible, and has been trouble free for me.

WirelessSync IS IntelliSync. It even has the IntelliSync logo. Verizon has just licensed and renamed it. In fact I'm presently having an email exchange with an IntelliSync employee after having been escalated to them from Verizon data support.

Unfortunately, my issue doesn't seem to be related to the one at hand, so I can't help.

Disregard all -- found another post. Deleted apps, deleted backup folder, did a hard reset, and all is well with the world. The Treo BT headset works great, the e-mails are coming and the calendar is sync'ed. The ice in my scotch is melting...

Why did I hang on to that 7135 so long?? This is way, way beyond what I had with that Kyocera.

Thanks to all you smart people -- I don't post often, but am a religious reader here. I really appreciate you guys.

Cheers.

KB
    HoustonHRguru
    Houston, TX

are you now able to use pocket mirror and sync calendar, contacts, etc A N D use wireless sync? i found that wireless sync disablem my pocket mirror (Outlook of course) calendar and contacts. i stopped using wireless sync as a result.

so the ? is, are you now using both-wireless sync AND outlook with pocket mirror?
    Inquiring Minds Want To Know!
    My Camel

What thread

Where did you find the answer? After deleting and hard reset, did you do a reinstall of all your apps?

Question What thread

Where did you find the answer?