+ Reply to Thread

Verizon 650 and Bluetooth

I received my 650 about 3 weeks ago. Had successfully paired it with my Lexus. It worked flawlessly for about a week and then things started to go wrong. The phone wasn't waking up, and worse, even when I made a call manually, the speakers on the car made this horrible screeching noise. I tried a soft reset, then a hard one and things seemed to go back to normal....

It only lasted several days. At that point, I assumed that it was the Lexus. While I currently have a call in with them, I received my HBH 660 today. It paired fine, but I almost blew my eardrum out. The same screeching! Again, I performed a hard reset. I didn't even HotSync, so there are NO third party applications. It still is screeching with every attempted call.

Any ideas? Is my Treo defective?

Lexus and Treo 650

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Lexus bluetooth is very weak. I almost purchased the new GS430 last week, but during the process discovered that the technology is not all it's cracked up to be. Try reviewing all of your numbers to ensure you don't have any extra digits (hard pauses, etc). The tech guys at Lexus said their systems just aren't there yet. Good luck!

I know Lexus isn't great, but I'm having the identical problem with my Sony-Ericsson HBH-660. That's what made me think it's the Treo.