+ Reply to Thread

NuShield = conflicting instructions

For the TreoCentral NuShield screen protectors...

Install the masked side (with thin film that must be removed prior to installation) facing towards the LCD screen or facing away from it???

I received two sets of instructions that said the opposite of each other. Thanks.

PS - Is this a good product?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I use NuShield protectors on my Treo 650. They work great, and I think they are a great product.

The masked side is the writing side. The side that you pull the thin plastic film off of should be facing you when you install it on the device. It is very obvious if you have it installed the wrong way. The instructions describe it as "oily spots" on the screen. Simply remove it and turn it over in that case.
    Michael

I received an e-mail from NuShield CS this morning saying that they've redesigned their screen protectors, and the masked side is now installed directly facing the screen (opposite of the old way). Their addendum instructions are written on a label adhered to the zip-loc bag that contains the films. They just haven't revised their original packaging instructions yet.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I stand corrected then. The last shipment of shields that I got from them was about a month ago. There's no notice in my packaging, so I must have gotten the older version of the shields.
    Michael

It's going to look like this (label stuck directly on plastic zip-loc bag that contains the screen protectors)...

PS - without the underlining... that was my doing...

This is the e-mail response I received from NuShield CS...

"We are upgrading our films to a new version that will have about twice the scratch resistance. The new film has the mask film on the opposite side of the older film. This means you should follow the label pasted on the bag instructions for Step 1. The only difference is that the masked side is installed facing the screen."