+ Reply to Thread

Question How to send media via bluetooth

I have been trying to send media (pictures) to my son's Zire 72 via bluetooth, but the 650 says that I must use an email program that supports attachments. Is it possible to send media via bluetooth from a 650? Will the DUN hack enable this as well? Thanks.
    Downhills and tailwinds, 73

I should add that the reverse (from Zire to Treo) works perfectly. Can anyone educate me? Many thanks.

Go into pics and videos, highlight the pic you want to send, hit menu button, go to send, and choose bluetooth. This will open the discovery process.

Thanks for the reply. My bluetooth is set up such that the Zire/Treo is already recognized as trusted on both ends. Connecting is not a problem. I can receive images and videos, but can not send them, even to a trusted, discovered device. I am trying to figure out if this is a result of the well known bluetooth crippling, and if there is a hack that will enable it. Thanks for your help.

Anyone?? Anyone???

If I had to take a wild guess, you have a Verizon Treo 650. I too have a Verizon Treo 650, and, to the best of my knowledge, it doesn't list a send via bluetooth option when I hit send (in any app).

According to the box and manual for the Verizon Treo, "it does not support all object exchange (OBEX) profiles." I think that means Verizon disabled bluetooth send. Of course, I'm not certain I really want to trust the manual to tell me what my phone is and is not capable of doing.
    Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005

Actually, it will "send" in certain aps, like calendar (I've tried it-it works) and contacts ("send" option appears, but I haven't actually tried sending a contact). But you are right, it is Verizon, and the manual does say it doesn't support all configurations. The funny thing is that it can receive media from another BT device just fine, it just can't send any. I was hoping that somebody knew a workaround or hack or something that would make it work. I don't need it for anything important, just playing around. It's funny, you know: I've read here how everybody has figured out how to hotsync via BT and even hack/enable BT DUN, but I can't figure out how to send a picture to my son. Makes me feel kind of stupid. I'm sure it is something that I'm overlooking. Thanks for the reply.

Sending via Bluetooth still exists -- only not in this specific instance: single image sends are directed to MMS. A workaround is to assign the image to an album, and then select Album -> Send Album.

I actually tried sending an album and couldn't get it to work. I'll experiment with that further. Thanks for your suggestions!

When I go to any application and I select SEND from the menu, I never get prompted to select Versamail or Bluetooth. Nothing happens. Has this happened with anyone else's Treo? It was working earlier. I just noticed that it is not working now.

For me, in most applications selecting SEND will bring up a menu, with choices BLUETOOTH or MMS. It is only in the PalmOne Media program that came with the 650 that Bluetooth is not an option, it automatically asks for an email address. I wonder if there are other media programs that allow bluetooth sending?

Did a hard reset, everything is back to normal. Ringo sucks.