+ Reply to Thread
    PDAphone Fan n Part time Mod. That70sGAdawg's Avatar

Official Unlocked 650 Firmware Update available!

The following is for the Unlocked version on the Treo 650 only!
    It will update your Treo to Firmware version 1.28, Software version 1.13-ROW. Available direct for PalmOne here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...lockedgsm.html
    Enjoying carrying only one communications device for all...

The improvements seem to be:

Better voice quality through the handset. Not a big change in handset volume. The speaker phone is louder.

Better memory management. Most will gain about 10-20% in free space.

Versamail improvements - now version 3.0c, instead of "b". GMail now works, and time will tell if the autosync is now working properly..

The carrier updated settings: I used to get 2-3 bars at home on Cingular, now I get 4-5!!!

Angry

I just purchased a 650 from Verizon for my wife, and I have been really disappointed in its support for bluetooth headsets. Will this address these issues? I went to the palmOne link, but it states that this upgrade is only for unlocked phones. I am assuming that this upgrade cannot be installed on a Verizon phone.

Originally posted by binxwalker
    I just purchased a 650 from Verizon for my wife, and I have been really disappointed in its support for bluetooth headsets. Will this address these issues? I went to the palmOne link, but it states that this upgrade is only for unlocked phones. I am assuming that this upgrade cannot be installed on a Verizon phone.
    Never mind. I don't know what I was thinking! This is for GSM radios, not CDMA.

Can anyone tell me if this is the firmware that I need? My phone was purchased from Cingular, locked. I have since unlocked it with the code from Cingular. Do I have to wait for a firmware update for a Cingular phone or can I use this unlocked GSM firmware?

Thanks,
    Danny
    Danny

Some people whom had unlocked their phones with other "unofficial" ROM updates have used this update with success. Getting the code from Cingular is not the same, because your ROM likely doesn't identify as an "unlocked version". I think that change was in RAM?
    I would wait a couple of weeks to see if Cingular releases their update (including many of the same fixes) and then try your unlock code after the update.

Anyone else try this already??