+ Reply to Thread

Converting my pbd ringtones

Okay, I'm a 7135 user that is now a Treo 650 user. I have tons of ringtones in a pdb format that I would like to save and use on my treo. But I need them back in the orginal format such as wav or MP3. So does any one here know of a converter that puts them back into there original format. And Yes I have already done a search of the forum and can only find converters to convert one way and thats mp3 to pbd. Thanks

K7AAY Treo 650/Cing & Nokia9300/TMo johnbartley's Avatar

Alternative

MIDI MANAGER and/or RINGO might let you move ringtones from the alert sounds database to the ringtone database, and vide versa. Then, rename the changed sounds database before you put it on the 650, put MIDI MANAGER and/or RINGO on the 650, and move what you want into the ringer database. I have not tried it yet on the 650, but it worked on my old dub-ya.
    John Bartley K7AAY | http://celdata.cjb.net | http://kiloseven.blogspot.com

Sorry, I didn't get back to this. I started a thread concerning something similiar to this and tabutler told me that all i needed to do was change the file extension of my pbd created from mp3 back to mp3 and they should work and they did. So for instance if you have a file named myringtone.bdb and it was created from an mp3 then just rename it to myringtone.mp3 and it should play. I'm not sure if this works with wavs or others but I'd say about 90 percent of my ringtones played nicely using this the rest I'm not sure if they ever worked anyway because I never used them.