+ Reply to Thread

VZW T650: is this a problem???

I am starting to question whether or not I'm experiencing a problem w/ my T650.

The last few days, when I am calling from my T650 to my Wife's Cellphone (VZW), the convo will go great, but then, at about 10 minutes into the convo, she claims that she does not hear me at all (as if I had muted her... but not!!!). I will say anything to let her know I hear her, but she doesn't hear me, so I hang up.

My Wife uses a LGVX4400. When this has happened, I have told her that something must be wrong w/ her phone causing this issue, as I don't recall this issue happening when I talk to other people on my T650. This has been going on about a week now.

So, today I call my Wife at home on my T650, & what I explained above happened again!!!

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon on/with their T650 and/or have any advice/input???

TIA...

Are you moving around? Are you inside a building? My phone will do this occasionally (not in any way predictable) and if I stand still, or try to find a "hot spot" she will be able to hear me again. Or sometimes I will have to call her back. But as long as I stand still it will work. I think these things have a fairly weak radio, both on transmit and receive. I will commonly show fewer bars than other VZW phones nearby, and often cannot connect in places where others can. I wonder if others are having the same problems? Do we coincidentally both have defective phones, or is it the breed?
    Downhills and tailwinds, 73

Are you using a headset?? Sometimes if the headset connection is a little loose, you can temporarily have that problem...

Just a guess.

Originally posted by pdaone
    Are you using a headset?? Sometimes if the headset connection is a little loose, you can temporarily have that problem...

Just a guess.
    I have a Treo 600 (waiting for my 650 to be mailed). I used to have that problem when using a headset.

On the 600 (don't know about the 650), the Headset jack is recessed. The depression is not wide enough for some headsets and as Im using the phone, the jack gets pushed out just enough to where I still hear, but nobody hears me.

My solution was to take an X-acto (or some really sharp knife) and shave some of the plastic base on headset's jack until it was thin enough to plug into the phone without touching the sides of the depression.

Mx

Originally posted by ozzybiker
    Are you moving around? Are you inside a building? My phone will do this occasionally (not in any way predictable) and if I stand still, or try to find a "hot spot" she will be able to hear me again. Or sometimes I will have to call her back. But as long as I stand still it will work. I think these things have a fairly weak radio, both on transmit and receive. I will commonly show fewer bars than other VZW phones nearby, and often cannot connect in places where others can. I wonder if others are having the same problems? Do we coincidentally both have defective phones, or is it the breed?
    I'm stationary inside a call-center. I've never had a problem holding a call.

Originally posted by pdaone

Just a guess.
    nope. no headset, just the phone...

Maybe you are touching the "mute" button on the screen with your cheek? (Don't laugh, it happened to me.)

Signed,

Chubby Cheeks

Could it be she is tuning you out..?

"No matter where you go, There you are"

Try turniong off "secure mode".. see if that changes things.

I also get intermittant deadness complaints but I also got it on my 7135 too..
    They both have the secure/encryption feature and i only just today turned it off to see if it makes a difference.

I'd like to hear your results...

Thanks

Originally posted by jcarlosfox
    Maybe you are touching the "mute" button on the screen with your cheek? (Don't laugh, it happened to me.)

Signed,

Chubby Cheeks
    I guess it's a possibility. I went into prefs. keyguard, & turned on the option to disable touchscreen both when a call comes in, & also whild on a call. I'll report back if I have this issue again. Thanks...

Originally posted by evan2000
    Could it be she is tuning you out..?

I'd like to think not, although it wouldn't be the first time!!! (selective hearing). But that's another topic for another day!!!

She seems perplexed when this happens, so I don't think she'd do that knowingly...

Originally posted by affinityhb
    Try turniong off "secure mode".. see if that changes things.

I also get intermittant deadness complaints but I also got it on my 7135 too..
    They both have the secure/encryption feature and i only just today turned it off to see if it makes a difference.

I'd like to hear your results...

Thanks
    How would I go about turning off secure mode???

Re: VZW T650: is this a problem???

Originally posted by WiggyFife
    I am starting to question whether or not I'm experiencing a problem w/ my T650.

The last few days, when I am calling from my T650 to my Wife's Cellphone (VZW), the convo will go great, but then, at about 10 minutes into the convo, she claims that she does not hear me at all (as if I had muted her... but not!!!). I will say anything to let her know I hear her, but she doesn't hear me, so I hang up.

My Wife uses a LGVX4400. When this has happened, I have told her that something must be wrong w/ her phone causing this issue, as I don't recall this issue happening when I talk to other people on my T650. This has been going on about a week now.

So, today I call my Wife at home on my T650, & what I explained above happened again!!!

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon on/with their T650 and/or have any advice/input???

TIA...
    This issues relates with Treo 600, for almost a year people who's using Treo 600 frequently encountred this problem... this is rare case scenario with Treo 650. I'm using Treo 650 and it's amazing compared to Treo 600.