+ Reply to Thread

Specific Bluetooth / Voice Dial question

I've read a bunch of threads concerning the implementation of BT on the 650 and its effect on voice dialing functionality, but I have a specific question for which I haven't been able to find an answer.

I know you can't initiate the call completely from the headset, as I can with the 7135 and the Jabra headset I have (you push the "on" button on the headset, and the phone waits for your command). However, I would hope that you could hit a button on the 650 to launch the VoiceSignal app, then hit the "on" button on the BT headset and speak commands to the VoiceSignal app. At least that way, I could leave the 650 on my hip and make outgoing calls with the BT headset.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Adam

based on what i have read this will not work. the bt headset and the voicedial app do not "speak" to each other as they command different parts of the phone

Thanks, for the input. My reading made me think the same thing, until I came across the following thread:

VoiceSignal is it worth it?

In the thread, VST1 (who apparently represents VoiceSignal) said the following: "...our app is agnostic to the wherever the audio comes from (i.e. - handset mic, wired headset, BT headset, car-kit, etc...). By this I mean that it is really not a VoiceSignal issue of "supporting BT" b/c to us, the phone platform just delivers sound to us and we don't care where it came from."

Which makes me think that, while the current 650 BT implementation would not allow me to hit the "on" button on the headset and have that trigger the VoiceSignal app to listen for a command, waking up the app with a button on the phone itself and then intiating a command from a connected headset (BT or wired) should work.

Anybody have any actual experience with this?