+ Reply to Thread

Minimizing Data Usage

I'm on the VZW 20 Mb plan and want to limit unnecessary data usage. Two questions: (1) If I turn off images will that reduce the amount of data I use? (2) If I stop a page while loading I assume that will reduce the amount of data. Correct?

Turning off images (in Blazer, I presume) will dramatically reduce data usage. If you stop a page that's loading, it stops transfering data from the server, so, yeah, it reduces the amount of data.

Blazer can also save pages to RAM, so if you want to keep a page handy but don't need it to be up-to-the-minute, you might try that as well. Check the manual, it mentions something about it.
    Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005

Re: Minimizing Data Usage

Originally posted by slorandy
    I'm on the VZW 20 Mb plan and want to limit unnecessary data usage. Two questions: (1) If I turn off images will that reduce the amount of data I use? (2) If I stop a page while loading I assume that will reduce the amount of data. Correct?
    You can try a service like Skweezer to take out all the extras and make the page fit the small screen better. Kim