+ Reply to Thread

Question How to stop plam os calendar events when on vacation

I canít believe that I am the only person that would like to have a way to stop plam os calendar events (Meetings, etc.) when on vacation or if you have a day off.

I have had palm os devices for many years and have not found a way to do this; I hope that I have just not been smart enough to find this.

Basically what I am saying is this, I was on vacation last week and I had my Treo 650 with me, I have many meetings when at work and they are in my Palm Calendar. I wanted to have a way to stop the Treo from notifying me of meetings without going into each meeting and modifying the event, something like a vacation setting (of course I still want the phone to ring or vibrate when calls come in).

Is this something that can be done or am missing something??

Re: How to stop plam os calendar events when on vacation

Originally posted by imz14u2nv
    I canít believe that I am the only person that would like to have a way to stop plam os calendar events (Meetings, etc.) when on vacation or if you have a day off.

I have had palm os devices for many years and have not found a way to do this; I hope that I have just not been smart enough to find this.

Basically what I am saying is this, I was on vacation last week and I had my Treo 650 with me, I have many meetings when at work and they are in my Palm Calendar. I wanted to have a way to stop the Treo from notifying me of meetings without going into each meeting and modifying the event, something like a vacation setting (of course I still want the phone to ring or vibrate when calls come in).

Is this something that can be done or am missing something??
    I just delete the events I won't need... but just select current appt only. Works like a charm for me!!!

Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005

Originally posted by Breadheater
    Is this what you had in mind?

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...no_alarms.html
    imz14u2nv - Dude! Wow - how cool is that - Ask and you shall receive.

Originally posted by Breadheater
    Is this what you had in mind?

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...no_alarms.html
    I looked at this on Freepalm.com and I think that it may do what I want, the only thing that seemed strange is that they only mention stopping an alarm for a whole day and I would like to be able to stop them for the whole week or two depending on how long I am on vacation.

I guess I will need to try it and see if it fits the bill.

Thanks!