+ Reply to Thread

Use Treo 650 on T-Mobile

I guess I ma lucky that Cigular actually gave me a treo 650 after my current treo 600 started having infamous buzzing sound.

I am planning to leave Cingualr for T-Mobile prepaid service when my contract expires soon and I am going to ask Cingular to unlock it before I do. It seems that T-Mobile ToGO prepaid service is the best around in terms of rate and retention time of minutes.

But I have some doubts as if T-Mobile will support Treo 650 fully. I am a very light data user and wonder if T-Mobile prepaid offer any data service. In worst case, can I use my Treo 650 to call my ISP in CSD mode in T-Mobile service? All I want is to occationally check emails while I am out of town(not often).

Would appreciate any insight or experience you guys have in this regard.

Lyre

where do plan on putting the sim card that allows you to talk to the T-Mobile network? Unless the prepaids don't use the sim card

Originally posted by tabutler
    where do plan on putting the sim card that allows you to talk to the T-Mobile network? Unless the prepaids don't use the sim card
    Actually I had gotten hold of a T-Mobile prepaid sim and put it in my old Treo 600 and it seemed to be working.

sorry, I did not realize that the Cingular phone utilized a sim card.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Exclamation Tmobile does not carry the 650

TMobile does not carry the Treo650. Don't know what kind of service they could give you. Prolly voice only until they get the 650. If ever.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

I just spoke with TMo, they say i should just go out and buy the 650, (they'll give me a credit to my account--to help cover the expense), and get the internet package for $20 a month and it'll work fine.

The guy even told me if I go out and buy a Cingular locked 650, they'll get it unlocked for me. Takes 3 business days.