+ Reply to Thread

Unscheduled Drop Tests

My 7135 has survived countless unplanned drop and kick tests from various heights ranging up to ten feet onto various asphalt, concrete and carpeted surfaces. The result has never been worse than an ejected SD card or, even more rarely, a soft reset.

How does the Treo 650 measure up?

....V E R Y.....B A D L Y ! !

In fact, I've never heard of one that survived a fall. Get insurance.

Mine got bumped out of the Seidio holster, and suffered an early keyboard death.

Now that I've had my Treo a while, the only thing I miss about my 7135 was the fact that it was almost indestructable.

I accidently dropped mine the other day. Luckily it was in an aluminium case and did suffer any damage (except one small scratch on the antenna).

Whew!

I droped my Treo 650 on a brick floor. Got a nasty dig on the upper corner and my SD card did eject, but everything is still working great.

I figure it had to happen. Kinda like your first scratch on a new car.

I did just order some eGrips for it yesterday!

And if you're wondering, if was about a 3-4 foot drop.

Mike

Originally posted by Walcwlr
    I droped my Treo 650 on a brick floor. Got a nasty dig on the upper corner and my SD card did eject, but everything is still working great.

I figure it had to happen. Kinda like your first scratch on a new car.
    More like a wreck than a scratch...
    -Quick

Lukcy

I guess I've been lucky, 2 4 ft high drops, where everything falls out (card, battery). Booted right up and all works fine. Same as mu 7135... I guess I'm lucky.

Just bought my phone today, right when I am about to pay the phone I drop the phone from my hand to the desk about 4 inches high.. I know it isn't high.. but for a brand new phone.. I can still feel my heart is bleeding right now.. but everything is working fine.. should I go back and exchange another one?

Carrying it into another room for a quiet activation phone call and it slides off the box, naked, onto a carpeted (thank the lord) floor about four feet down. I think my heart was chatting with my tonsils for about a minute. Dropped it a second time (this time only about a foot and a half) onto the carpet while skinned a few days later... no problems so far... whew!

6 foot drop here an countless others... (well, 5).

All is well. Very odd.

Dropped ours out of a grocery cart onto the floor (about 4 feet) of the grocery store.. I cringed.. luckily it was protected by a skin.. no problemo.