+ Reply to Thread

Synching with Outlook Problem

I use the Palm Desktop on a laptop and a desktop at home, and have no problems hotsynching my treo 650.

At work, I use Outlook. The first time I did a synch everything was fine. I was able to merge my personal and work calendars and all my contacts.

I went home and did a hotsysnch on each of the machines to update the Palm desktop.

The next day, I hotsynched to Outlook and got a message that I had synched to another manchine and some files could be damaged.

Sure enough, the calendar and contact entries were all duplicated on both the desktop and the handheld.

I erased all the outlook information, did a hard reset on the handheld and restored from backup buddy. That got me back to where I was before the duplicated entries.

Does anyone know how I can synch to several machines without having Outlook duplicate everything ? It's almost like Microsoft was jealous /

I did a search and I can't find an answer to my problem, so if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

look in hotsync options on your work desktop and you'll find options that deal with duplications. in this case, you should set it to handheld wins.

Blissfully Ignorant StanleyPuff's Avatar

Removing Outlook Duplicates When Syncing to Multiple Machines

See the following site to fix your issue

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ortKB,CASE=obj(26038),ts=Palm_External2001

Good luck!

Note: If the above link does not send you straight to the article, go to the Palm One website and search for article #26038
    Thinking outside of the box is the only option for someone with mental claustrophobia.

did sundstroms solution work? I am having the same issue and it is driving me nuts.

Thank you
    Drew
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)