+ Reply to Thread

Question Treo 650: Any way to add Lanyard connector?

Through 2 Kyocera 7157 smartphones, I've found that I'm most at risk of dropping it when OUT OF THE CASE and while using it. Thus, I always had a lanyard around my wrist when I used the 7157.

But, the TREO650 has NO hole for the lanyard! Now, I'm unlikely to get any more coordinated now, then I was with the Kyocera. So beyond wrapping it up in a leather form fitting case or skin and praying for the best, can anyone think of an after market connector attachment that will give me a little secure hole for the lanyard?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by hlthe2b; 07-04-2005 at 09:08 PM.

While I would not recommend it based on the fact that it defies physics, and will prolly break, there are some skin cases with a lanyard hole on them, offered by many dealers.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Kyo to Treo, Con-vergin' MUGlover's Avatar

The hole truth

Yes, there is a lanyard hole.

Look at the bottom of the Treo 650, between the power port and the right Shift key. [Error - disregard] Loop your lanyard in there. Your Treo will hang head down, but I consider that a good thing. You are the main user and will be able to read it easily.

Thanks for your question. I was thinking about this and hadn't looked at the Treo case from the right angle. [/Error]

OOps. On further review I have described the microphone, into which you speak while on the phone. Not a lanyard hole unless it is stronger than it looks. Hope this ramble helps anyway.
    Last edited by MUGlover; 07-06-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    Why can't you be a nonconformist like everybody else?

Re: The hole truth

Originally posted by MUGlover
    Yes, there is a lanyard hole.

Look at the bottom of the Treo 650, between the power port and the right Shift key. Loop your lanyard in there. Your Treo will hang head down, but I consider that a good thing. You are the main user and will be able to read it easily.

Thanks for your question. I was thinking about this and hadn't looked at the Treo case from the right angle.
    the microphone hole?

Yeah, you got me. I was already editing my post.

Maybe a special type of SD card in that slot? I wouldn't do it, but there it is.

I'm betting someone out there...

has seen a 3rd party attachment that allows one to add a lanyard...

So, forgive the "bump" but I'd like to see if any viewers this weekend have any thoughts.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Thumbs up Bun-J Classic saves the day

I remember coming across this lanyard discussion not too long ago.

I bumped into this solution today.

While the original design is for around the neck, I am sure a standard wrist lanyard can be added in a few seconds.

Looks cool. Great for days when you are wearing shorts and can't trust your toy to those loose pockets.

http://tinyurl.com/bl7yq

It is at the mytreo.net store if the link dies.

Check it out and comment.

Enjoy your toy!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

I saw this last week and thought of my gaffe above.

Thanks to those who kept the thread going until the original question was answered.

Looks like this is the best model available. And the lanyard is rather good as well.

Re: Bun-J Classic saves the day

Originally posted by mikeyis009
    I remember coming across this lanyard discussion not too long ago.

I bumped into this solution today.

Enjoy your toy!
    Hey, thanks! That looks like a workable solution! So, glad someone kept this bumped long enough to get some answers.

I expect I'll order one next week and will give feedback.

has anyone actually used this yet?

It looks cool. any thoughts?

I have the Bun-J and it works fine. You do not have to worry about it coming off the silicone holder thingy, that thing holds on to the phone like a gorilla !!!! It does cover some buttons on the keyboard but the silicone is so soft that it does not really affect the keyboard operation at all. I hope this helps. God Bless.