+ Reply to Thread

Will SnapperMail check mail Automatically in the Background?

I'm about to purchase a version of SnapperMail, and I notice the $25 "lite" version does not support "Auto Mail Delivery", while the $40 Standard version indicates it will do so.

Does this mean that SnapperMail can remain in the background, while I'm either not using the phone, or using other applications, and it will automatically check my email for me?

Resident Curmudgeon
    Close, but no banana (at least as far as I know, someone may correct me). Snappermail will launch itself on a specified schedule to check your email for you. It will run when your Palm is idle, but it does not run "in the background" but actually launches the Snappermail application.

Just FYI, I wouldn't recommend this unless you're on the unlimited data plan. It could get pricey if you get spammed.

-PatP

PatP is correct. Currently there really isn't a way to run completely in the background except for audio applications as far as I know.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    SnapperMail current does not support background sending/fetching. It is planned for a future version. No E.T.A. available.

ChatterEmail supposedly supports background, but I haven't personally tested it.
    Michael

Chatteremail does background sync, and it rocks!!!

in addition to running in background, chatter now has Matrix SSL and HTML display as well.

Yes it does rock!

Yes, after starting this thread I went over to www.treocentral.com, and various polls over there indicate chattermail is the odds on favorite.

I've been using chattermail for a few days now on a trial basis - and it does rock. I miss having a "fetch" button for when you want to check mail on your own, but it is not a big deal.

What is pretty cool is that it checks mail, and I get notified when something is received, and once I download the mail on my laptop, and it is erased from the server - chattermail ALSO takes it off my phone. Very cool. If I want to save mail, I suppose I can move it over to another folder, but so far it has not been an issue.

So....chattermail seems to be the best.

Chatteremail has "quick sync" instead of "fetch". you can sync one mail accts or multiple mail accts. .
    You can also make a folder on your server and save mail there. and then sync the folder into your Chatteremail on your treo.

And Marc, the developer Is really dedicated to his product.
    You can't go wrong

I have two Pop3 Accounts set up on Chattermail, but one is "off line" and I can't seem to figure out how to put it "on-line". Any ideas?

not sure. you may want to go to chatter forum and ask. Marc normally responds quickly.

now that I'm looking, I think you have to go into "edit mailbox" then "deliver", go down to "QSync every __ mins" and fill how offen you would like it to sync to your pop3 acct.

you said you have two pop3 accts. . Are you saying that one of them is online?

Originally posted by dmcdaniel
    now that I'm looking, I think you have to go into "edit mailbox" then "deliver", go down to "QSync every __ mins" and fill how offen you would like it to sync to your pop3 acct.

you said you have two pop3 accts. . Are you saying that one of them is online?
    Your first tip took me to the right place. Yes, I had one on-line, the other off. Turns out I had not put the check mark in the off-line account to have it synch.

Fixed it.

Thanks!!