+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MOBO Case

MOBO Case

My pet peeve has been that the pouch cases require you to either have the phone backwards or that the screen has to face out in order to accommodate the antenna. Received the Large MOBO case today. Very nice leather and because of the design it lets you face the screen towards you and face the phone forward (there is an opening at the bottom fron for the antenna. It is a little small, and I mean just a little. I think the leather will stretch to permit the magnet to close in the front.

Link to this case
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

It's the MOBO Eclipse case on this link:

http://www.alternativewireless.com/m...hes/index.html

Update

After only a brief time, the top latch has stretched perfectly. I love this case as it lets me have the screen turned in for protection and lets the phone face forward. It did take a little time to perfect getting it out of the case but now it's a breeze. Have gotten a lot of compliments too.

Re: MOBO Case

Originally posted by Kabee
    Received the Large MOBO case today.
    Would that be the size "f"? Looks like a nice case. and a good price. Is it really leather? How far does it stick out from your waist?

It is the size F. I really thought it was leather. Looks and feels like it anyway, but the product page does say synthetic, just don't know whether that means all or some of it. The clip is a tight clip that just slides over the belt, there is no detachable clip, etc., so it stays pretty close to the belt. I am really happy with the way it works and looks.

Converging again, and again . . .
    MOBO needs to update their website. The dimensions for the Treo 650 are: 4.40" x 2.30" x 0.90" (112 x 58 x 23 mm).

MOBO has 6 cases sizes listed on their webiste (a-f) - none of those cases is big enough (58 mm across) for the Treo 650.

MOBO has a 7th size that they do not list the dimensions for - however they claim that it is designed for the Panasonic g51. The g51 is a relatively small device compared to the Treo 650 (80 x 43 x 18 mm) - and so that case will not work either.

Oh well. Back to the search.
    Jim
    (7135 to Treo 650 conversion)

I want a side case with magnetic or velcro flap (no snaps) that is big enough to easily accomodate my Treo 650 in it's silcone skin. I love my little generic case but my phone is still unprotected when I pull it out. I killed my last phone by dropping it on the concrete floor at work - not this time! Kim