+ Reply to Thread
    Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar

Question Thoughts on unlocking VRZ 650 to move to Sprint

Any thoughts on unlocking a Treo650 for use on Sprint? Verizon is charging over 3 times as much for unlimited internet than Sprint is.
    I like Verizon but no cell phone internet is worth $45 for unlimited access on a little screen.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

You won't be able to do this, because Sprint only allows their branded phones on their network. So, the ESN for the Verizon 650 wouldn't be in Sprint's database.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

650 on Sprint

Why not consider selling your 650 on Verizon and signing up for Sprint if that is the issue. A few months of internest use will cover any loss you may take in switching. I would really recommend against Sprint though customer service and billing is lousy. Replacement of a phone was a pain every time it happened.

I had 5 phones on sprint and paid the fee to get off of Sprint. Lousy customer service is a nice thing to say, especially after 4 late charges on non payment of a bill that they had set up for autopay. I was informed that Sprint "Does not make mistakes, It was not their fault that they did not deduct the payment on time" I was with Sprint for 1 year and when it was over, I jumped over to Verizon and have not looked back. I even transferred 10 phones from Cingular due to their poor customer service and support.

Gino