+ Reply to Thread

Thread: copying sd card

copying sd card

I'm running out of memory on my 256sd, so i've decided to get a 1gb sd card.
    Is there a thread here that shows you how to copy my data from one card to the other.

I first tried to use to use verisafe backups but with "powerrun" being used on some apps it became quite confusing to me.

Or maybe it's as simple as uploading from my pc. (I'm really not that good at this)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    get a usb CD cardreader. It is waaaay faster for getting mp3's and movies to and from ur SD card anyways.
    Pull all your info off your SD to a folder on your pc. Then swap cards and move it all back on the new card.
    Some programs will not find ur new info. Like Abode Reader for Palm and the Media folder.
    There will be 2 expansion card folders on the pc you sync to. The old one will have your pics and stuff in it. The new one will be empty. Move all the data from the old folder to the new one that was created after the hotsync. Then delete the old folder. Should be pretty painless.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Thanks mikeyis009. I'm going to compusa today to pick one up. my 1gb sd card should be here today so I'll work on it tonight and let you know.

Thanks again

How come my old sd card worked great. But I just got new 1 gig sd card and I dragged pictures and video clips to it from my c drive to the sd card drive and it fails to recognize any of them with the pictures and videos application on the phone. They are on there and can view in other devices. Also in past used same application to view same pictures on my 128 card with no problems. Also new card has no trouble with mp3 playing.
    thanks for any ideas.
    mz

the 'Media' app that came with the Treo650 is looking for pics in the 'DCIM' folder on ur card.
    U have to create that new folder on ur new 1Gb SD card.
    You could just take a snapshot and copy it to ur SD card in the 'Media' app.

It will create the folder for you. Then use Filez or your pc to move ur pics from the SD main folder location to the /DCIM folder.

Enjoy your toy !
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

thanks but I am still having trouble. I took picture then saved. In filez I see dcim but how do i move files to it? it has album under it but only shows the one picture I took. How do you transfer the files in filez?
    thanks again

u need to figure out where u moved the pics to when u did it from ur pc. move around ur folders on the Sd card in filez till you find the pics u r missing. highlight each one and 'right click' select 'move' then select the dcim folder to move then to.

If it is easier without filez. then use ur pc and move the files from whereever they are to the dcim folder.

Kyo to Treo, Con-vergin' MUGlover's Avatar

7135 File Manager

I enjoyed the 7135's built-in File Manager program for moving files within folders on the SD card, and making the folders.

I don't see a way to do that on the Treo besides buying FileZ. Right?
    Why can't you be a nonconformist like everybody else?

filez is free. I have Ver 6.7. Check around Palmsource, Palmgear or TreoCentral. I forgot where I found it.

Thanks Mike I was able to use card export to transfer and everything works now. However files was not easy to deal with it would not let me move things. Maybe b/c I checked off more than 1 at a time. Anyway thanks again have a good weekend
    mz