+ Reply to Thread

Best way to work with SD cards

I bought a card reader for $20 so I could work with files on my 1 Gig SD card. Now I have seen some software that looks like it would allow the 650 to be used as a card reader when connected with the sync cable. Anyone have any experience with that or should I just stick to the card reader?

I assume you are talking about Card Export. I use and highly recommend it.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

Resident Curmudgeon
    I'm personally very much in favor of a card reader like the Lexar JumpDrive Trio.

-PatP

The advantage of Card Export, however, is that you don't need any extra hardware! Just plug in the Treo and it's a card reader!

Blues:

Could you tell us a little bit more ab out Card Export and exactly how yhou are using it?
    Thanks
    Mike
    michaelb92

with card export you just connect the sync cable, launch card export, and your SD card appears on your PC as another drive into or from which you can drag whatever files you want. I believe it is not as fast as a stand alone reader so that may be important to you but I use it in this way with no difficulty.

Thank you. either way seems good, expecially since I did not realize you could do that.
    Mike
    michaelb92

How come my old sd card worked great after update, but I just got new 1 gig sd card and I dragged pictures and video clips to it from my c drive to the sd card drive and it fails to recognize any of them with the pictures and videos application on the phone. They are on there and can view in other devices. Also in past used same application to view same pictures on my 128 card with no problems. Also new card has no trouble with mp3 playing.
    thanks for any ideas.
    mz

There is a specific directory structore that the treo is looking for. You just can't load them. Try taking some pictures and some video with the phone and make sure the media you added is going in the same directories.