+ Reply to Thread

Anyone have this Adobe problem?

I use Versa Mail for e mail and attachments. All works fine and Documents to Go is great with Word docs. When I get an Adobe attachment, however, the program asks if I want to accept the attachment into Adobe and then gives me an error that it can't convert the "beamed" document. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I don't work with Versa Mail but I do know that NO pdf file can be viewed on the Treo unless it is FIRST converted on your PC using Adobe's Palm Reader program. That means that nothing you get over an email program on the Treo will be readable or perhaps even downloadable unless the sender has sent you a specially formatted PDF for Palm file. Normal PDF's will simply not be accepted by your Treo

Loving this powerful bastard mikeyis009's Avatar
    yes and no.
    I just tested sending myself a PDF using Documents to go 6 pro and it does format the words only.
    However, If you need the entire page with pictures you do need to use the Adobe Reader for Palm program.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Does the Adobe program permit you to format it for a palm? I do see a menu item to Send to Palm but that looks like it just syncs it to the Palm. I would like to get attachments to e mails in the proper format. Any ideas?

The only way to do this is go to the adobe site and download the Adobe for Palm program ("Adobe Reader for Palm OS" http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...erforpalm.html). It converts any pdf document into a Palm-readable version. I am not sure what happens if you then email that to another phone. I think if it went to another Palm phone it might download and be readable, but I don't know if it could be used by any other recipient. You should know that even this program doesn't make perfect copies--the graphics are not always that clear, and the pagination and columns and structuring are sometimes a bit off, basically because it has to guess at the tags, I think.

Thanks m

Of course what you can do is use the program to make it readable to you and other Palm people, and put the full pdf document on your SD disk. Even though it's not readable, I believe you can email it as an attachment (you can do this from filez, at least using Chatter), so that others who receive it can use it on their PC.