+ Reply to Thread

Smile I don't surf - would an upgrade to 650 be worth it?

Hi All I am actually an old Kyocera user. I used the 6035 for 2 years, then up graded to the 7135.

My NE2 is coming up with Verizon and I am wondering if the extra $$ for the 650 is worth it.

I am not a heavy data user at all. I use the Palm and the phone, but dont really need to surf.

Any advice?

Thanks

McKay

Absolutely!

Ok you don't surf, but if you want to take pictures, have a beautiful display, bluetooth, dedicated phone answer/end button, lit keypad w/wide buttons, "docs to go" for your word/pwrpoint/exel documents, i'd say YES

but thats just me

I don't do data and/or internet on my T650 either, yet I find the T650 totally worth it from a convergence perspective!!!

You will want to get the latest version of VoiceCare!!!

Voicecare?

Could you enumerate on your recommendation for Voicecare. What is it? Do you have a link for it?

Re: Voicecare?

Originally posted by Firepole803
    Could you enumerate on your recommendation for Voicecare. What is it? Do you have a link for it?
    If you believe that your volume is seriously lacking on your T650, VolumeCare will help to kick up the volume!!! It's phenominal!!! The Developer, Jeff Gibson is very responsive to our recommendations!!!

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/module...download&cid=6

I too was a 7135 user, but hated that it had the old OS and was so slow to launch applications. The 650 is worth it just for that. The unbelievably better resolution/colours doesn't hurt either.

Don't be afraid of the keyboard or the 5-way navigation button. They are actually a lot more convienent that whipping out the stylus to do anything.
    Release the Hounds!

I'm also a 7135 user and am thinking about switching to the 650. Is there a Wi-Fi card for the Treo 650? I don't usually surf, but it would be nice around the house or office to use the wi-fi network to do a few things with the 650, instead of my laptop or desktop.

Also can someone bring me up to speed with the Verizon and the OBEX issues...the search function on the forum is down...

Thanks,
    Beagle
    --------------------------
    Beagle (woof!)

I* too have a 7135 but got the t650 last week. Been afraid to activate until understand it. Ay recommendations?

Was looking for software and graffiti capability.

Thanks

I went from a 7135 to the T600 (I am now on the 650).

I was worried about the need for a graffiti app. But after going to the keyboard, I doubt I'll ever go back. It is so much easier to run around the palm with keyboard than it was with the stylus. I find that now, I rarely pull out the stylus/pen (excpet for old apps/games, or when I need to pen to sign something).

As of this point in time, there is not Wi-Fi card for the T650. Someone hacked one, but the overall success I think is not great.