+ Reply to Thread

Individual Ringers

I know that this question have been asked before but is there a program that will assign individual ringers to different categories like the 7135 or even to individual people? I would use the search feature but something seems to be wrong with the PDA Database has anyone else been having this problem? When I try to search it tells me to refresh the screen and that a trouble email has been sent.
    esmass:p

You can assign ringtones to individual people using the Phone application Favorites (speed-dials).
    Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005

I'm having the same trouble with the search database. But to answer your question, MRing does what you're looking. I've been using for a couple of weeks now. I had some initial problems with it rebooting during registration, but they've fixed that issue with a new release.

How do you use the phone applications Favorites. Please explain:
    esmass:p

In the Phone application, select "Edit Favorites Pages" from the menu. This will list all of the favorites currently set. You can move/delete any of the default ones you don't want.

To create a new speed-dial, tap a blank favorite button. Choose 'Speed Dial' from the 'Type' list. Hit 'Lookup' to pull a contact from your contacts list. Then choose the ringer you want to hear when a call comes from that person.

You can set a key to press-and-hold to call the speed-dial, or you can select it with the 5-way in the Phone app.

And, courtesy the tips and tricks page on the Palmone site, if you highlight the favorite button and press the space bar, a list of all the available phone numbers for that contact will be displayed.
    Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005