+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avantgo

Converging again, and again . . .

Avantgo

It seems that 90% of the time that I go into avantgo, I am prompted for my username and password, and then told that I need to do a sync.

Even when I do an on-lline sync, the database is still corrupt. This is quite frustrating. Is this an Avantgo problem or a P1 (Verizon) problem?

Anybody have any suggestions? At this point, I"m ready to remove Avantgo from my unit because it is rarely useable.
    Jim
    (7135 to Treo 650 conversion)

I used to have the problem. I re-downloaded the software from the Avantgo site and reintalled it to my PC and my T650. It now works like a charm.

Stalker768

I was having this problem for the last two days. I sync avantgo wired durring hotsync. I just got my treo Tuesday (was doing this with a 7135).

I thought it was a problem with the software, but it seems to have cleared up as of last night. Could have been avantgo servers.
    Sandy Wagner

Unhappy Avantgo messing up

This Avantgo problem has been happening to me for about 3 weeks. I sync at my house and at the office. The problem will not occur after a snyc at the office, but at my house in the A.M. I have reinstalled Avantgo numerous times. This problem seems to pop up again for no reason. I have a feeling it is an Avantgo problem with their servers, and not the Treo 650 (Verizon). I get so frustrated that I delete Avangto and then I hate not having it. I was looking for an alternative.

Richard

Re: Avantgo

Originally posted by jhaupt
    It seems that 90% of the time that I go into avantgo, I am prompted for my username and password, and then told that I need to do a sync.

Even when I do an on-lline sync, the database is still corrupt. This is quite frustrating. Is this an Avantgo problem or a P1 (Verizon) problem?

Anybody have any suggestions? At this point, I"m ready to remove Avantgo from my unit because it is rarely useable.
    This is a common problem when using the Palm 5.x OS and Avantgo 5.7.

The most frustrating part is you don’t usually check this until you have already left the house, fortunately for us Treo owners, you can do a wireless sync.

This is documented on the Avantgo Website, this is what it says:

Question

Why do I see a page asking for my username and password?

Answer

There are two common reasons for this page to appear for users of AvantGo software version 5.7 and future versions:

1) Your previous sync was interrupted prior to loading all pages to your device. If you see this page, and your username is present, re-sync your device through your device cable or cradle and your computer. We advise against doing a wireless sync as the wireless connection might have been dropped which caused the interupted sync.

2) Your device was not configured after installing the AvantGo software. On your desktop computer go to Start/Programs/AvantGo/AvantGo Connect/Properties. Enter your AvantGo username and password. Check the box to refresh all content at next sync. Close this box. Sync your device.

If you still see the username and password page after following these instructions and syncing your device, sync again and watch your device as it syncs. Make sure an "invalid username or login" message does not appear. If you do not see this message and the page persists, please submit the issue to our support staff using the "Ask a Question" tab above.

palm 650 and avantgo

I've just submitted a question to avantgo about this. I'm having the same problems - but I was wondering if anyone else was putting their channels on a memory card. I have been able to sync wirelessly with no problems, but when I try and sync via the cable, I get a message " insufficient device memory for avantgo data" When I go back to my server settings, the checkbox for saving to the memory card is unchecked. I'll post anything worthwhile that comes back from AvantGo.

Re: palm 650 and avantgo

Originally posted by swoodmd1
    I've just submitted a question to avantgo about this. I'm having the same problems - but I was wondering if anyone else was putting their channels on a memory card. I have been able to sync wirelessly with no problems, but when I try and sync via the cable, I get a message " insufficient device memory for avantgo data" When I go back to my server settings, the checkbox for saving to the memory card is unchecked. I'll post anything worthwhile that comes back from AvantGo.
    I put my channels to memory card, doesn’t seem to make a difference (the problem is very intermittent and annoying I might add)