+ Reply to Thread

Innodock-Seidio desktop cradle for Treo 650

I am thinking to get this cradle from Seidio. Has anyone used this before ?

1) USB sync and charge
    2) Case on docking (no need to remove the case while in the cradle)
    3) 3.5 mm audio out
    4) 3 colors to choose from

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=CRSIDPATR650

I use this cradle and love it. I don't have to remove my Sena case. The connector has a little spring loaded pivot in the base so you connect the treo and then it rests back into the cradle. Looks good on the desk. I plan to get a second for my desk at work.

I also love it

I have one of these and it lets me fit my Treo 650 with a silicon skin case without taking it off. It takes a couple of tries to get it lined up to the connector the first day or so as the connector pivots. But now I have no problem docking it the first time.

Disappointed

I had one of these and had to return it...

First problem was they don't list the cases that fit... I have a Vaja and its a little too bulky. They could atleast list the 20 most popular cases it works with, or known cases that don't.

Second was the playing audio through the cradle. It would often play for a few seconds (through the cradle), then would stop (and play through the Treo). This was extremely annoying, as I would reset the Treo in the cradle without success.

I decided to return it without a replacement...
    TreoCentral doesn't do exchanges, just returns.

I like the idea, and actually do the same thing with an 2.5 to 3.5 audio adapter and SnC cable. But of course the Innodock Cradle made the Treo look really cool.
    Thx
    <b>GhengisEEK</b>
    <size=1>"I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific."</size=1>

<i>Devices: Samsung I300, Axim X5, Treo 600, Treo 650 </i>
    <i>Carriers: Verizon, SprintPCS</i>

Re: Disappointed

Originally posted by GhengisEEK
    I had one of these and had to return it...

First problem was they don't list the cases that fit... I have a Vaja and its a little too bulky. They could atleast list the 20 most popular cases it works with, or known cases that don't.

Second was the playing audio through the cradle. It would often play for a few seconds (through the cradle), then would stop (and play through the Treo). This was extremely annoying, as I would reset the Treo in the cradle without success.

I decided to return it without a replacement...
    TreoCentral doesn't do exchanges, just returns.

I like the idea, and actually do the same thing with an 2.5 to 3.5 audio adapter and SnC cable. But of course the Innodock Cradle made the Treo look really cool.
    Hi,

1. Innodock works with most of the cases. However, Vaja is not one of them. For Vaja 65 case, we are working a solution for this case. Once the solution is ready, I will let you know.

2. Innodock works with most of headphones and speakers. The audio problem you mentioned is due to impedance problem of Treo 650, Seidio will release a solution very soon.

Sorry you can not use the Innoduck now, I hope you can use it very soon.

Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 07-17-2005 at 01:51 PM.

And...

you guys forgot the SD slot for transferring files... if you take a gander over to TreoCentral you'll see what a difference this can make.

With 1+GB Secure Digital under $80, I wouldn't put it past Treo users to have several of them for movies, music and files.

Welll that my opinion at least... nice to see another cradle on the market.
    Thx
    <b>GhengisEEK</b>
    <size=1>"I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific."</size=1>

<i>Devices: Samsung I300, Axim X5, Treo 600, Treo 650 </i>
    <i>Carriers: Verizon, SprintPCS</i>

What about those that already purchased the cradle?

Hi seidioseidio,

What about those of us who have already purchased the cradle for the Treo 650 and have kept it despite the audio issue? Will we be able to upgrade ours, will you replace ours or are we "SOL"?

Thanks for watching this forum hopefully you can take care of those who bought it when it first came out.

Regards,

Marv

...or those of us who have a Vaja case and have to remove it to put it in the cradle?

The only complaint I have about this cradle is that it takes effort to put the phone in the cradle and a bit of work to get it out. My old 7135 slid in and out... this one "clips" onto the phone and you have to line it up. I am tempted to use something sticky to hold the base in place to make removing the phone easier. You can't just pick the phone right off the cradle.
    EMT/Fire Fighter - You can't make me go into burning buildings and save lives... I am a volunteer!

South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 650, Lotus Notes, Intellisync, SnapperMail, ThoughtManager, ToDo+, Memo+, MobileEMS, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, finCalc, MinutesPlus, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy, Documents To Go