I was doing my morning news reading, and came upon this little item A cell phone, a movie lobby and a message from news.com.

Basically, it says that movie promoters are beginning to use bluetooth to send movie advertising to your bluetooth enabled phone when you walk by one of their advertising kiosks. Doesn't sound like it's big yet, but I bet it will be.

I also recall reading a news item (I'm unable to find a link ) to some of the security issues that bluetooth will cause by allowing access to phones and having lax security.

I thought back to my own bluetooth experimentation with laptop and a bluetooth dongle and my recently aquired Treo 650. I setup to do wireless sync and had to put in the PIN for both my PC and my Treo. I didn't know the PIN, but guessed ( based on past experience ) on 0000 and was right on both counts.

That's a little scary that ALL bluetooth devices might have this as a default PIN. Makes accessing them without permission much easier, no?

So I played with the bluetooth control panel in my Treo and turned off discovery until I need it again, but I'd really like to change the PIN on my phone. Alas, I can't find any way to do this, or any reference on the Palm website or my manual.

Can anyone tell me how to do this, or if it's possible?