+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dialup Billed?

Dialup Billed?

So I just got off the phone with Verizon. According to the person I spoke with if you setup a dialup account on the phone and use that you will still be billed for data across the connection. Anyone have any proff that is is true/false?

I have PAYG on my account. I found that I was billed for any data that I transferred using the old Quick-2-Net account that I used on my 7135. I set up a dial-up connection to my ISP and none of those calls have been logged as data. My latest bill shows that I was not billed for any data usage as a result of calling my ISP. That said, your milage may vary.
    Breadheater

---
    VZW Treo 650 since May 30, 2005

They told me that, also but nothing is showing up on my account. I have called 4 times, #DATA'd a dozen and checked my webpage innumerable times and no data is showing up anywhere.

Minutes Plus is showing zero data use. I looked at my last 7135 bill and all of my calls to my ISP were treated as voice calls.

I haven't seen my first 650 bill yet, but I really don't think there will be a data charge. Kim

I might have asked in a previous post/thread with no response, but how do I set up a dial-up for my ISP on the T650? My 7135 was pretty straightfoward in this regard, but the T650 is not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stalker768

I have SBC DSL on my computer at home and I use the dialup feature of that service on my laptop. Could I also make a dialup for the phone? If so could someone instruct me? thanks
    esmass:p

Setting up a dial-up account on the 650 is pretty simple. In Preferences under Network hit the menu button and choose a new service. Give it any name you want and use Virtual Modem for the connection.

Use the username, password and phone number supplied by your dial-up ISP and that's it. Some people have posted that they need to use a script (under details, then advanced, then script) but mine works with or without one. If you need a script do a search here and I'm sure you will find one.