+ Reply to Thread

Question snappermail auto delivery

Hey, anybody using their old version of snapper mail and having trouble with auto-delivery? I didn't do the upgrade to V 2.x because I wanted to see what the quirks are with the 650. (x-7135 user.)

When I check the connection log, it shows every attempt aborted because, either a) device in use, or b) phone turned off. A may have been true, but the phone has remained on for two days and still no auto-connect. It is set to connect every 30 minutes 7 days/week.

Manual send and delivery works fine.

I can't say I have much to add but I did try my existing version before ugrading. I did get the device in use error message but that was accurate. I turned off those messages. It makes sense that if you can successfully send manually it should then work in automatic mode. It worked for me. I think the upgrade is worth it. One of the quirks in the new version is they hardcoded the choices for the number of minutes before retrieving messages. Rather than allow increments of a minute at a time you have to choose from a number of choices. I like to retrieve mail every 15 minutes. In that range my choice was either 10 or 20 minutes. I set it for every 10 minutes.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    You must update to the current 2.x version (2.2.7.01 as of this writing) to make the auto delivery feature work properly on the Treo 650. That version also contains some enhancements to attempt to prevent problems with the Treo's NVFS storage system.
    Michael

Thank you all. Better stop being so darn cheap and just upgrade, eh? I took a look at chatteremail. It's not quite ready for primetime, imho, unless you are strictly IMAP. I found snapper's auto-delivery to be as much "push" as I need, and it's a friendlier interface. I'm hoping the folders on V.2 are a little more configurable.

As long as we are talking about Autodelivery....

I am running 2.2.7.01 and it works fine. I wonder if the following is possible.

Have the alert make a sound without forcing me to attend to the alert screen?

and

Does autocheck really have to turn on the screen? I don't know if the 7135 screen used to come on because the phone was closed..

Greg

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gmcmurry
    As long as we are talking about Autodelivery....

I am running 2.2.7.01 and it works fine. I wonder if the following is possible.

Have the alert make a sound without forcing me to attend to the alert screen?

and

Does autocheck really have to turn on the screen? I don't know if the 7135 screen used to come on because the phone was closed..

Greg
    1) You can use a program called "Butler" on the Treo 650 to better control the alerts.

2) Yes, for now, the screen on the Treo 650 turns on when SnapperMail fetches. Background fetching (without turning on the screen) is being worked on for a future version.
    Michael

"You can use a program called "Butler"

I am relatively new to Palm (only a couple years) and it continues to amaze me how many applications are available to do just about anything.

How many questions asked here are answered with "you can use a probram called bla bla bla"?

I think its wonderful!

Greg
    Last edited by Gmcmurry; 07-29-2005 at 07:43 AM.