+ Reply to Thread

Poor and Choppy Bluetooth Audio - Verison Treo 650

I did a search and was not able to find any specifics on this issue, but I can not be the only one dealing with this problem.

I JUST purchased a Verizon Treo 650 from the Store for one of my employees. The audio on the Motorola HS850 Bluetooth headset is choppy and I get a lot of feedback. It is close to useable.

I ran into a Gentleman on a plane that had the same experience with his Jabra 250.

1) Does the Verizon/Palm Update solve this issue?

2) Does everyone have this problem? Are there any known working Headsets?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

I have the 820 and I'm having the same problem, choppy sounding, with intermitent clear and stable sound, not very happy with the motorola bluetooth 820

This is probably a repetitive Thread, but I want to make sure it is the headset and not the Treo. If someone could please verify, it would be apprecaited. THX

I am going to try and pair a Jabra 250 today and see if we get the same results.
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

I initially had problems with my bluetooth audio on my Lexus. My SE HBH 660 had not arrived yet so I was convinced it was the car, though it had worked well for a couple of weeks before turning south. The audio quality was similar to a fax - I don't know if this is what you are experiencing. In any event, when I received my headset, the same audio problems were occurring on the HBH 660. I tried both soft and hard resets of the Treo to no avail. I called Verizon and they exchanged the phone. I haven't had a problem since.

MrGadget
    Bluetooth is choppy on the treo650 because it uses Blutooth 1.1 versus 1.2 which roams channels to find a clear one, I thought that with the new Tre 650 updater for Verizon this would be fixed but it wasn't. Meanwhile the only fix is to move the phone closer to the the headset...
    Ernest Aguilar