+ Reply to Thread
    Converging again, and again . . .

Verizon data network

The Verizon reps seem to be singing out of the same hymnbook.

Everyone must pay for data. No MOU. (until this week, 7 out of 10 reps told me that I would only be billed for minutes - not for kilobytes - there were 3 reps who weren't sure how that would work).

When I point out that the 7135 used the same data network as Treo 650 the rep got quiet and acknowledges that I have a good point - but he can't help me. (Plus - you could tether the 7135 to a computer and use it as a modem. The 7135 was a superior data device compared to the Treo 650).

Quite frankly - I understand that the EVDO network is worth more per minute than simple voice. But the 650 does not use EVDO - it just uses 1x.

As a former 7135 user, I feel like Verizon has pulled a bait and switch on us.

I'm not a very happy customer.
    Jim
    (7135 to Treo 650 conversion)

Jhaupt, they pulled the bait and switch long ago... check out my thread on the kyo board. There's no difference between the Kyo and the Treo in their mind, they're plunger-water drinking crack addicts who don't give a flying f* about their customers and that's where it ends. If it wasn't for the span of the network, I would be off VZW so quick...