+ Reply to Thread

from vzw to sprint???

Is it possible? I just got a brand new Treo 650 and feel so abused by VZW that i'd love to teach them a lesson by unlocking the phone and taking it to Sprint. Is it possible? What bad things would happen?

It's not possible, because Sprint has a database of the ESNs that they allow, and a Verizon branded Treo 650 wouldn't be in that database.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Unhappy

that's very sad.

DMZ
    Dere's a Little of Me In all A Yiz DMZ's Avatar

Re: from vzw to sprint???

Originally posted by bahamut
    Is it possible? I just got a brand new Treo 650 and feel so abused by VZW that i'd love to teach them a lesson by unlocking the phone and taking it to Sprint. Is it possible? What bad things would happen?
    Unfortunately, you can't do that. However, I have to agree with you about Verizon. They've adopted an attitude of "Were The Biggest and the Best, So if You Don't Like it......."

In fact, VZW just changed their Family Share Plans.....to higher cost. Very non-chelantly, Verizon has been quistly raising prices, including unlimited data service from $45 - $50 within the past month.

Re: from vzw to sprint???

Originally posted by bahamut
    Ummm, VZW doesn't lock their phones. If you have a VZW phone it's not locked. Sprint won't activate any phone not purchased from them.

-Quick

Re: Re: from vzw to sprint???

Originally posted by Quick
    Ummm, VZW doesn't lock their phones. If you have a VZW phone it's not locked. Sprint won't activate any phone not purchased from them.

-Quick
    I can confirm this. I tried to move my 7135 to Sprint from VZW and they wouldn't do it. So I am buying out my contract with them and jsut got home with a new 650 from Sprint.

I was on VZW with two phones with 400 minutes each (7135 plus a Motorola) with MOU on the 7135 for $95 a month

Just got home from Sprint store with a new 650 with cam/video, insurance, roaming bundle, unlimited data, 6pm start to nights instead of 9pm, and sharing 2000 minutes with my wifes new Samsung A740 which also has unlimited data.

All for $110 month. My 7135 will be for sale/parting out soon. Good by to VZW.